Conversation with Regina and Cecil Esquivel-Obregón:
“Do Some Trees Mind Being Photographed?”
- Are Trees Conscious and Do They Comprehend? (See Stephen Harrod Buhner, “Plant Intelligence and the Imaginal World”; “The Secret Teachings of Plants”
- Are We Part Tree?
- How to Cultivate Rapport and Communicate with Trees?
- The Practice of Tree-Gong in Tree Time
- Tree Qi Gong
- “Tree Gong” traces in a slow yoga like movement the movements of the limbs, branches, and roots of a tree, in its own” tree-time.” It is very important not to focus solely on the tree but rather on imbibing and sending out loving energy to the universe, including the tree, lest the practice drain the vital energy and injure the tree.
- On Mirror Neurons and Tree-Gong Practice
- Heart Energy Fields (See Introduction to Laughing Heart)
- Do Trees Have Memory?
- Instructions from a Shaman
- Tree Quotations in Their Own Voices
- Trees as an Antidote to Burnout
- Trees and Big Heart Intelligence—“Going up that river was like traveling back to the beginnings of time when nature rioted on the earth and the big trees were kings” (Heart of Darkness–Conrad)
- The Shadow: The Global Ravage: Trees as Planetary Life Givers (15 billion trees destroyed annually )
- Trees and Gross National Happiness
- Trees as an Archetype of Our Species’ Survival
- Further Reflections
- The Wood Wide Web: Two marvelous TEDx talks by Suzanne Simard. Youtube and TEDtalk
- Do Trees Have Standing? Reconsidering Environmental Rights in Light of Big Heart Intelligence. When we discover trees are conscious, we become conscious.
- Connecting to Nature as an Antidote to Burnout
- Curing Plant Blindness
- How to Befriend a Tree Li Junfeng urges that practitioners bring consciousness to this practice lest it turn out to be exploitative and actually injure the trees (i.e. sucks energy/life force) without restoring it to the tree. Hence we might include in the caption, the following caveat. “Please note: Qigong Grand Master Li Junfeng, who is very familiar with this practice, cautions that it be conducted consciously by approaching the tree in the spirit of love, including the tree in an invocation to the universe to provide pure and healthy qi energy, which can restore life and vitality of the tree itself in addition to ourselves.”
- References – Courtesy of the Obregón Collection
- Ian M. Obregón
- Regina Esquivel-Obregón
- Cecil Esquivel-Obregón